||M.Ed. In Special Education
||The Department was established in 1985. The department imparts education and training to teachers for the special children in four specialization namely Visual impairment, Hearing impairment, Physical disabilities and Mental retardation with particular emphasis to facilitate mainstreaming of special children. Parents of the special children are also admitted to these programmes. Present programmes/courses of this department comprised of Postgraduate Diploma, MEd, MA, MPhil and PhD (MS/MPhil Based) in Special Education.
BA/BSC and B.Ed/BS Ed with 2nd Division in both degrees.
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
|Medium of Instruction:
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||36 Credit Hours
1. Educational Psychology-671
2. Perspectives of Special Education-672
3. Handicapped Person in the Community-673
4. Foundation of Education-831
5. Educational Research-837
6. Curriculum Development and Instruction-838
1. Specialization Courses-
2. Face-to-Face Component (Workshop, Teaching Practice, Final Lesson)-3600
3. Teaching Strategies-846
||1. Visual Impairment-
2. Braille Practical Course (English)-I -3601
3. Braille Practical Course (Urdu)-II-3602
4. Independence Training for the Visually Handicapped-677
5. Special Education for the Visually Handicapped-678
6. Hearing Impairment-
7. General Introduction to the Hearing Impairment-680
8. Psychology of Deafness and Child Development-681
9. Speech and Hearing-682
10. Audiology and Audiometry-683
11. Mental Retardation-
12. Introduction and Assessment of Mentally Retarded Children-I-3603
13. Introduction and Assessment of Mentally Retarded Children-II-3604
14. Education of the Mentally Retarded Child-I-3605
15. Education of the Mentally Retarded Child-II-3606
16. Physical Disabilities-
17. Physical Handicaps-I-3607
18. Physical Handicaps-II -3608
19. Educational Adaptation for Children with Physical Disabilities-I-3609
20. Educational Adaptation for Children With Physical Disabilities-II-3610
||At the end of each semester course workshops are held.
||In case student opts thesis