Quality Enhancement Cell
- The Quality Enhancement Cell(QEC) is headed by a Dean/Director reporting to Vice Chancellor.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award ofAOU degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., and Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s M. Phil. And Ph. D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
|QEC in Allama Iqbal Open University
The Quality Enhancement Cell has been established at AIOU, since 14 May, 2007. It is entrusted with the task to promote education for effective management of standard of and quality of programmes at all levels.It requires to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluations that the quality of provision and standards of AIOU education are well maintained and being improved. It includes curriculm development, subject and staff development together with research and other activities. Further, the academic activities of the AIOU will be monitored by quality assurance agency (QAA), HEC through quality enhancement cell (QEC).|
The Quality Enhancement Cell, Allama Iqbal Open University has been recognized as a member of Asia_Pacific Quality Assurance Network (APQN). Therefore the academic programmes/activities of the University are required to be given on the website for the general information of the APQN.This cell is therefore responsible to co-ordinate the academic activities and follow up the departmental Self Assessment Manual of QAA,HEC.The self assessment (SA) has to be started on the line given by QAA website HEC Islamabad for the quidance and help in the preparation of the report.