|| DEPARTMENT OF HADITH & HADITH SCIENCES
| Establishment :
|| Department of Islamic Studies was established in 1997 and renamed as Department of Hadith & Seerah, & after the establishment of Seerah Studies as a separate department its working with the name of Hadith and Hadith sciences now.
| Introduction :
||The Department focuses on the study of Hadith and Sunnah of the Prophet ?their collections, preservation, authentication, and their interpretation as a source of knowledge & guidance for manís spiritual & moral need as an individual in society. It intends to enable students to work diligently and function benevolently in all avenues of life. The Department is committed to restore the full meaning of education by offering an opportunity to study comprehensively &critically train students to develop the strong nation with Islamic values and Ethics. The department is preparing and offering different programs for Specialization in Hadith & Hadith Sciences to its students.
| Objectives :
1. Establish a cadre of specialists and professionals in different fields of Islamic Studies, who can conduct quality research in various disciplines of Islam.
2. Serve as a think tank in the field of Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
3. Improving recruitment and retention of top faculty members.
4. To teach Islamic Studies from Metric to PhD level as per contemporary requirements.
5. To equip students with understanding of the origins and development of Islamic Thought and its relevance to modern issues.
6. To conduct advance research on the different aspects of Hadith Sciences.
7. To play active role in correct interpretation of Islamic Sciences for the needs of the society.
8. To develop linkage among different highly reputed national and international institutions offering Islamic Studies program at higher level.
9. To prepare the Textbooks and Study Guides for Metric to PhD level programmes.
10. To organize National and International Workshops/Seminars/Conferences on Islamic Sciences specially in Hadith & Hadith Sciences.
| Future Plans :
1. M.Phil. with specialization in Hadith and Hadith Sciences
2. Ph.D. with specialization in Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
3. Specialized Research Journal in the field of Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
4. Certificate Courses in Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
5. Annual Conference in the field of Hadith and Hadith Sciences.
|Academic Facilities :
|Postal Address :
||Room No 08, Block No 10, Faculty of Arabic & Islamic Studies, Allama Iqbal Open University, Sector H-8, Islamabad.
|Staff Members :
||Staff Members Details
M.A HADITH & SEERAH
B.S ISLAMIC STUDIES(HADITH & HADITH SCIENCES)
Bachelor of Dars-e-Nizami
Ph.D. Islamic Studies