|| SHARI'AH (ISLAMIC LAW & JURISPRUDENCE)
| Establishment :
|| The department was established in the year 1999 with the establishment of Faculty of Arabic & Islamic Studies as a department of Islamic Law & Fiqh. In 2017 with the approval of Statutory bodies of the university, the department of SHARI’AH (ISLAMIC LAW & JURISPRUDENCE) based on launching of Programs in the field of SHARI’AH.
| Introduction :
||The department was established in the year 1999. Under the nomenclature of "The Department of Islamic Law & Fiqh. The Department of Islamic Law has prepared various courses/projects/schemes of studies for the student of Metric, F.A., B.A, B.S, M.A, MS/LLM/MPhil and PhD relating to Islamic Studies in general &SHARI’AH in particular.
| Objectives :
The Department of Islamic Law has been established:
1. To teach Islamic Law & Sharia and Law from Matric to M.Phil. levels as per contemporary requirements.
2. To conduct advance research on the different aspects of Shari'ah.
3. To protect Islamic Heritage with the help of modern research tools and techniques.
4. To play leading role in interpretation of Shari'ah according to the needs of contemporary Pakistani Society.
5. To prepare Scholars and professionals in Shari'ah and Law who have command over the different areas of specialization in different fields of Shari'ah and Law.
6. Establish a cadre of specialists and professionals’ experts in different fields of Shari'ah who can provide effective leadership in guiding and conducting quality research in various branches of Shari'ah.
7. To provide opportunity of professional growth and development to the scholars of Shari'ah in general and in service personals.
8. Develop linkage between different highly reputed institutions of Islamic learning in general and institutions of Muslim world.
9. Create interfaith harmony and environment of dialogue between Islamic and other civilizations.
| Future Plans :
|| The department aims to introduce some new program of Ph.D. SHARI’AH& new research journals in future as well. Other major activities of the department include conduct of National & International seminars, conferences symposium & workshops.
|Academic Facilities :
||1- Teaching from Metric to Ph.D Levels. 2- Research at BS, M.A, MS and Ph.D levels. 3-Conferences and Seminars 4-Academic workshops
|Postal Address :
||Block No 05, Sector H/8, Islamabad.
||+92-51-9057270 +92-51-9057273 +92-51-9057378
|Staff Members :
||Staff Members Details
B.S ISLAMIC STUDIES(SHARIAH)