|| ISLAMIC THOUGHT, HISTORY AND CULTURE
| Establishment :
|| The Department of Islamic Thought, History & Culture was established in 1999 in the Faculty of Arabic and Islamic Studies to meet the educational needs of masses at various levels & focusing on research-based programmes in Islamic Studies.
| Introduction :
||The Department of Islamic Thought, History & Culture was established in 1999 in the Faculty of Arabic and Islamic Studies to meet the educational needs of masses at various levels ranging from Metric to Ph.D focusing on research-based programmes in Islamic Studies. The Department is presenting many valuable course books and producing scholars in the field of Islamic Thought, History and Culture. Currently the Department is functioning with its permanent faculty members with the help of AIOU regional campuses & tutorial support spread all over the country.
| Objectives :
1. To teach Islamic Studies from Metric to PhD level as per contemporary requirements.
2. To conduct advance research on the different aspects of Islamic Sciences.
3. To play active role in correct interpretation of Islamic Sciences for the needs of the society.
4. To equip students with understanding of the origins and development of Islamic Thought and its relevance to modern issues.
5. Establish a cadre of specialists and professionals in different fields of Islamic Studies, who can conduct quality research in various disciplines of Islam.
6. To develop linkage among different highly reputed national and international institutions offering Islamic Studies program at higher level.
7. To prepare the Textbooks and Study Guides for Metric to PhD level programmes.
8. To organize National and International Workshops/Seminars/Conferences on Islamic Sciences.
| Future Plans :
The Department of Islamic Thought, History and Culture is planning to launch following programmes in future:
1. Certificate Course in Professional Ethics
2. Index of Approved topics (M.Phil.&Ph.D.)
3. Associate Degrees in:
i) Islamic Banking and Finance
ii) Imamat and Khitabat
iii) Islamic Education
|Academic Facilities :
|Postal Address :
||Room No. 102, Block No 12, Faculty of Arabic & Islamic Studies, Allama Iqbal Open University, Sector H-8, Islamabad.
|Staff Members :
||Staff Members Details
M.A Islamic Studies
M.Phil Islamic Studies (General)
B.S Islamic Studies (General)
Ph.D Islamic Studies (General)
Islamic Research Index (IRI)