This programme was started in 2001 to meet the challenging requirements of today fast growing world and shortage of experts in the field of Statistics. The curriculum of this program is designed such that both the course work and the research components are covered thoroughly. The expertise of distinguished professors and statisticians from all over Pakistan are being hired to teach and supervise the AIOU students.
The candidates have at least 2nd division in MSc Statistics/Four years BS Statistics degree from any HEC recognized university/institute.
Both in service and fresh candidates can apply for admission.
Selection of the candidates will be made strictly on the basis of merit/criteria laid down by the Department/ University.
||Maximum 5 Years
|Medium of Instruction:
Face to Face Classes.
|AIOU Credits Required:
||36 Credit Hours
3. PROBABILITY AND STOCHASTIC PROCESSES-1732
4. ADVANCED ECONOMETRICS-1739
3. Numerical Analysis-1733
4. STATISTICAL INFERENCE-1735
5. RESEARCH METHODS-1736
6. Linear Models-1738
7. Multivariate Methods-1740
8. Multivariate Analysis-1741
9. Advanced Experimental Design-1801
10. Categorical Data Analysis-1802
11. Survey Sampling-1803
12. Statistical Pattern Recognition-1804
|Elective / Major Courses:
||One Week Workshop per 3 Credit Hours