The origin of the Faculty of Education pre-dates the university itself. The National Institute of Education was established in 1973 under the Federal Ministry of Education. It became part of the university in June, 1975 as Institute of Education in the Faculty of Social Sciences. The progressively extending functions of the Institute brought the needs for structural change and in 1984 it got the status of Faculty of Education.
B.Ed (4 years) program's focus on education and training of prospective teachers grows out of a profound belief in the transformative power of education. Our mission is to promote the development of highly qualified and efficient teaching professionals who are prepared to creatively contribute to the social, cultural, and educational development of a globally oriented, pluralistic, and diverse society. B.Ed (4 years) program will be a composite program blending Core Courses, Foundation Courses, Professional Courses, and Specialization Courses. The teacher trained through new program will be able to teach at Secondary and Higher Secondary Levels and will be an equivalent of the existing master's degree.
FA/FSC/A Levels with minimum 2nd division.
Applicants with A Level will submit equivalence certificate.
Candidates with ADE (2 Years) degree can join in the fifth semester of B.Ed (4 Years).
All eligible candidates will be granted Admission subject to fulfilling Eligibility criteria.
Medium of Instruction
The University allots Study Centre and Tutors for the Students to get guideline accordingly. A student has to secure passing marks in Assignments as well as in final exams to successfully complete concerned Educational Programme.
AIOU Credits Required
1. English Compulsory-I (Core)-1423
2. Basics of Information & Communication Technology-1431
3. Islamic Studies / Ethics-416/418
4. Pakistan Studies-417
5. General Methods of Teaching-6400
1. General Math and Statistics-401
2. Educational Psychology & Guidance-402
3. Classroom Management-403
4. English Compulsory-II (Core)-424
5. Teaching of English-655
6. Teaching of Urdu-659
1. General Science-6404
2. Education in Pakistan-6405
3. Curriculum Development-6406
4. Classroom Assessment-6407
5. Teaching of Islamic Studies & Pak Studies-6408
6. Teaching of Math-6409
1. Arts Craft & Calligraphy-6410
2. Foundations of Education-6411
3. School Society & Teacher-6412
4. Introduction to Inclusive Education-6413
5. Teaching of General Science-6414
6. Short term Teaching Practice-6415
Elective / Major Courses:
1. Scheme Of The Remaining 4 Semesters Will Be Provided In Due Course Of Time
One course workshop